Wednesday, February 26, 2014

New Rose, Patchouli, and Orange Soap In My Etsy Shop! Also, Now Carrying Vegan Lip Balms

This is a new rose, patchouli, and orange soap I recently put up for sale in my Etsy shop. It has raw, organic shea butter added into its ingredients, which is super great for skin. The smell is absolutely wonderful.. not too prissy, not too 'hippy'. I recently sent a bar to a friend of mine and she loves it. I'm using it myself right now, and not to toot my own horn, but it's pretty awesome ;)

Also: I now have vegan lip balms you can have made in your choice of either a shea butter, mango butter, or cocoa butter base. There are 8 flavors to choose from. I'm quite partial to the banana, myself.. guess it's the monkey in me hehe.

Last but not least.. I'm thinking of making an easy step-by-step picture tutorial for soap making soon. I've noticed a lot of soap tutorials are for huge batches and try to get you to use and buy all this expensive equipment you don't need. I want to show people how you can make it with things you most likely already have in your kitchen! Also, when you're a beginner, it's never a good idea to make 5 pounds or more in a batch.. You will probably mess up (I know I sure as hell did), and that is a LOT of wasted material. I make my batches between a pound and a half and two pounds. It fits in one simple Pyrex glass loaf mold (most people already own one of these.. try using that instead of paying $50 for one of those fancy wooden molds!). We shall see.. it may very well be the next blog post I make!



No comments:

Post a Comment